Wednesday 2 February 2011

My adventures in the wilderness


Thought I'd post this pic of me from about 11 years ago receiving my commission in the French Marines at Carillon - I'm the fellow on the left. It was my only (so far) trip to the States but it was great. I stopped off at Fort de la Buse in the Ohio territory (ran by the Detroit Marines) and hung out there for a morning and then up to Carillon before going off for the week in a canoe for the tactical at Lake George. After the week we stopped off at Johnson Hall and Fort Niagara so a pretty F&I couple of weeks. Pics of Fort de la Buse here.
It was always something we would dream of in the UK - a stockaded fort to play in - maybe our friends in the Czech republic have a similar dream - an all year round project that little by little could become something substantial.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Somerset,
    You look like a corrupt French official preparing to withhold supplies from Montcalm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fellow on the Right is Msr. Jon Soule from Vermont.
    Best, Paul
    www.snowshoemen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stockaded fort is still a dream.....

    ReplyDelete